A home not only protects us from the elements, but provides a sanctuary where we can be most comfortable and prepare to engage the greater world around us. Our Residential Services for individuals with developmental disabilities, licensed by the New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, include both supervised group living and independent living with supports. We ensure that residents are safe and supported, helping them acquire skills that will allow them to achieve the greatest level of independence in their lives.
Community residences, often referred to as group homes, are designed to afford each resident the level of care he/she needs in a warm, welcoming and personal environment. Our services include:
- 24-hour supervision and support
- Assistance with cooking, cleaning, and household chores
- Life skills training
- Transportation training
- Development of self-discipline and self-control skills
- Appropriate clinical supports
- Evening and weekend activities that revolve around residents’ interests and desires
- Opportunities for supportive employment or participation in a day program during weekday hours
- Availability of community resources such as local stores, houses of worship and recreation facilities
- Opportunity for residents to become an integral part of their community
Our individualized apartments offer adults who need limited assistance the opportunity to live independently in the community by ensuring that they have the specific supports they require. Apartment living is available for couples with or without children, and single adults living alone or with roommates. Our staff visits these adults in their homes and works with residents in areas such as money management, shopping, accessing medical services and household management.