We offer Preschool and Universal Prekindergarten services in a warm and nurturing environment. The Marion and George Ames Early Childhood Center in Westchester County, the Children's Learning Center in Manhattan, and the Dr. Katharine Dodge Brownell School in the Bronx provide services for children with special needs as well as typically developing toddlers and preschoolers. Side by side in integrated classrooms, both typically developing preschoolers and preschoolers with developmental delays and/or disabilities receive educational services. For children with more significant educational needs, we also offer separate special education classrooms with small class sizes. By stimulating the creativity and development of children in this unique setting, both typically developing children and children with developmental delays and/or disabilities thrive in our schools.
Teachers in our programs utilize a developmentally appropriate educational curriculum which incorporates every child’s learning style, personality, strengths and challenges into our classrooms. Our preschools foster exploration and creativity as children learn and grow. The Universal Prekindergarten curriculum follows the New York State Pre-K Learning Standards and fully prepares children for their school-age years.
"The Ames Center is the best place I could've chosen for my son. He learned soooooo much thanks to your caring and supportive staff." Fidelia Wheeler, Ames Center parent
All services are available to children and families in English and Spanish, and the Dr. Katharine Brownell School is also approved to serve as a “bilingual interim alternate placement” by the New York City Department of Education.
Services and program components include:
- Early childhood educational curriculum which prepares children for their school years promoting creativity, pre-academic skills, socialization, and independence
- Integrated classroom model for students with varying abilities
- Special education classroom model for students with greater needs
- Bilingual (Spanish) classrooms
- Multidisciplinary preschool evaluations in the child’s native language
- Universal Prekindergarten services for four-year-olds
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Individual and group counseling
- New York State Certified Teachers
- Nursing Services (Yonkers only)
- Parent support and training
For more information about the Ames Center, contact us at 914.375.8820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the Brownell School, contact us at 718.430.7938 or email@example.com. For information about the Children's Learning Center, contact us at 212.687.9555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.