Many individuals within our care face significant medical and mental health challenges. Ensuring access to primary medical and mental health services is critical to each individual’s overall safety and well-being. Either directly or in collaboration with community healthcare providers, our medical and mental health staff offers comprehensive health care services, preventive services and specialty care. Children, adolescents, and adults receive comprehensive medical examinations and physical and mental health assessments. They also have access to all vital physical and mental health care services according to their specific needs.
Our Physical and Mental Health Services include:
- Primary Medical Care – Children and adults are seen by a primary care physician as soon as they come into our care and a "medical home" is established to ensure that all of their medical needs are met. This includes all routine examinations, specialty referrals, treatments and coordination of care.
- Mental Health Evaluations – We provide behavioral screenings, psychological testing, psychiatric evaluations and referrals to mental health professionals.
- Therapeutic Services – Group and individual therapy services are provided by our professional staff of psychologists and social workers.
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning –We provide reproductive health services including routine screening examinations and education regarding contraception, pregnancy prevention, sexual health, and HIV and HIV prevention.
- On Site Clinic – At our Residential Treatment Center, we have an on-site clinic to immediately serve the medical needs of those on our campus with 24-hour access to a provider.
- Medication Management - Our child and adolescent psychiatrists manage the safety and efficacy of treatment for children who require psychotropic medications.
- Medication Administration – Our trained clinical and nursing staffs manage and administer medication on site at our Residential Treatment Center as well as at our residences for adults with developmental disabilities and Mother/Infant residences.
- Nursing Case Management – Our nursing case managers look after children with special needs, ensure that each child is followed by appropriate specialists, and assist foster parents with necessary resources and training.
- Early Intervention and Development Screenings – Our trained clinical staff screen for developmental delays and provide case coordination and referrals when early intervention services are required.
- Hospital and Specialty Referrals - We partner with medical centers noted for excellence in care in New York City and Westchester County to ensure that specialists and resources are available to children and adults at any time.