Many of the services needed by individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities are funded through Medicaid. These services include medical, mental health and therapy services, housing, employment assistance, assistance with daily living, habilitation services (training in activities for daily living and socialization skills) and respite and recreation services. Working with families and individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, Leake & Watts Medicaid Service Coordinators develop and implement individualized plans for success based on the desires, interests, and needs of the people we support.
Medicaid Service Coordination (MSC) not only provides service planning, but advocacy, referral and supports to children and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, as well as their families. Our services are specifically tailored to each individual’s unique needs and desires by our Medicaid Service Coordinators, who meet with individuals in their homes and communities on an on-going basis. Services include medical, mental health and therapy services, as well as housing and employment assistance, assistance with daily living, habilitation services (training in activities for daily living and socialization skills) and respite and recreation services. Our individualized service plans allow those in our care to thrive, grow, and live more independently by focusing on consumer satisfaction and individual-centered planning.
For individuals that are not currently receiving Medicaid (all individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities are eligible), Leake & Watts will work with you to apply for Medicaid services if needed.
Our services include:
- Assisting individuals and families in developing, implementing and monitoring an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that identifies their needs and goals
- Setting goals in the pursuit of greater independence, individuality, inclusion and productivity
- Monitoring each individual’s health and safety needs
- Ensuring that decisions are made on behalf and from the perspective of the individuals in care
- Providing a variety of options, opportunities, and resources for supports and services and helping individuals get those that are needed and/or desired
For more information about our programs, contact us at 914.375.8706 or email@example.com.