The Leake & Watts Head Start program is a federally funded program serving children between the ages of 2 years 9 months to 5 years old and serves low-income children and families. We incorporate every child’s learning style, interests, personality and temperament, skills and talents, and challenges into the classroom each day.
Program components include:
- Early childhood educational curriculum which prepares children for their school years promoting creativity, pre-academic skills, socialization, and independence
- Bilingual (Spanish) services
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Field trips to museums, concerts, the zoo, etc.
- Parent involvement and parent support
- Linkage to community and social services
Embracing the philosophy of Head Start that the success of the whole child is dependent upon the success of the whole family, we incorporate parent participation and parental support in our program. Parents are encouraged to join their children in the classroom for presentations and special programming. We also provide parental support services including job training, assistance with housing, access to health and mental health services and educational supports.
For more information about the Dr. Green Learning Center Head Start or to enroll a child, contact us at 718.829.9595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.