The Carol and Frank Biondi School is a fully accredited non-public school providing 12-month specialized education services for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade with social and emotional difficulties and severe academic deficits. We emphasize academic achievement, skills development, and increasing each student's ability to remain on task, interact appropriately with peers, and improve behavior. Our program ensures that students have the tools they need for the future and are prepared to either continue their education or receive further vocational training and secure employment after high school graduation.
Many of our students face a variety of emotional and behavioral challenges or have a history of substance abuse, general delinquency or poor social skills. All require more individualized attention and special education than traditional public schools are able to provide. On top of these challenges, academic deficits in basic learning skills and the ability to organize and prioritize new information may further prevent these students from functioning successfully in a public school classroom. Our goal is not only on improving academic skills, but to improve emotional stability and coping skills as well.
Our program includes:
- An educational curriculum based on the New York State Core Curriculum
- Art, music, physical education, and technology skills
- Vocational programs including culinary arts and customer service training
- Work study opportunities in fields such as clerical work, maintenance and child care
- Student to teacher ratio of 12:1 or more
- Teacher assistants in every classroom
- Employment of PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports), a positive behavior incentive program which guides each student’s behavioral improvement and growth
- Speech therapy
- Counseling and crisis support
- Nursing and medical services
- Participation in all New York State standardized tests and the opportunity to be awarded a Regents, Local, IEP or GED diplomas
The Biondi Middle and High School are located on our 30-acre campus in Yonkers, NY. The Biondi Elementary School for students who are in Kindergarten through 6th grade is located in the Williamsbridge section of the Bronx. Day students attend our schools from the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Westchester and Rockland Counties. Residents of our Residential Treatment Center come from throughout New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley and attend Biondi Middle or High School.
For more information about the Biondi School, contact us at 914.375.8969 or email@example.com.
To see photos of different Biondi School events, visit our Biondi School Photo Galleries on Flickr.