Leake & Watts provides child care services in the Bronx and Yonkers, in collaboration with our Universal Prekindergarten programs and other preschool services. Our warm and nurturing child care classrooms incorporate an individualized and tailored educational curriculum that supports children’s learning and development in a traditional childcare setting. By providing a safe environment that parents can trust, as well as a setting that encourages growth and creativity, we help children to play, explore, create, and gain a sense of self as they interact with peers and expand their horizons.
The Seabury Day Care Center and Dr. Richard Green Learning Center in the Soundview section of the Bronx are publicly funded programs serving eligible low-income children between 2 and 5 years of age, thanks to the support of the New York City Council. The Marion and George Ames Early Childhood Learning Center in Yonkers provides both child care and preschool special education services, supported by public funds as well as private tuition, and serves children from the Bronx and Westchester County.
Our centers offer extended day and extended calendar services to eligible working families, as well as Universal Prekindergarten for four-year-olds.
Program components include:
- Early childhood educational curriculum that prepares children for their school years promoting creativity, pre-academic skills, socialization, and independence
- Bilingual (Spanish) services
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Field trips to museums, concerts, the zoo, etc.
- Universal Prekindergarten services for four year olds
For more information about the Leake & Watts Child Care Centers, contact us at 718.991.1500 (Bronx) or 914.375.8820 (Yonkers) or email@example.com.