Leake & Watts sponsors four child care centers in the Bronx and Yonkers. In warm and nurturing classrooms, our child care centers incorporate an individualized and tailored educational curriculum that supports children’s learning and development in a traditional childcare setting. Our childcare centers provide a safe environment that parents can trust as well as a setting that encourages growth and creativity. Children play, explore, create, and gain a sense of self as they interact with peers and expand their horizons.
The Soundview Child Care Center, Highbridge Nursery School and Dr. Richard Green Educational Learning Center in Soundview, University Heights, and Castle Hill sections of the Bronx respectively are publicly funded programs serving eligible low-income children between 2 - 5 years of age with collaborative services from the Head Start Program. The Marion and George Ames Early Childhood Learning Center in Yonkers provides childcare through both publicly funded services as well as private tuition and serves children from the Bronx and Westchester County.
Our centers offer extended day and extended calendar services to eligible working families.
Program components include:
- Early childhood educational curriculum that prepares children for their school years promoting creativity, pre-academic skills, socialization, and independence
- Bilingual (Spanish) services
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Field trips to museums, concerts, the zoo, etc.
- Universal Prekindergarten services for four year olds
For more information about the Leake & Watts Child Care Centers, contact us at 718.904.1689 (Bronx) or 914.375.8820 (Yonkers) or firstname.lastname@example.org.